Getting ready for the 2019 Content Marketing Conference? Like the past conferences, CMC2019 promises to be an exciting, fun, and educational conference, filled with networking and fantastic learning experiences. So, you have your bags packed, and you’ve made sure you have transportation in order, so now you’re trying to decide which programs are on the must-see list.
Not surprisingly, just about everything at CMC2019 is a must-see, but there are events that you simply can’t miss when you come to the Content Marketing Conference. Here is a rundown of not to be missed events and programs.
The Official Playtime Events
Fun at a business conference? Sure, why not? The organizers at CMC2019 know that all work and no play makes for a dull content marketer and content writer. That’s why there are four events you must go to for laughs, learning, and networking.
For the LOVE of Stories
Attend this special event on Wednesday from 6 to 8 pm at the Log Me In headquarters. It’s just one block away from the Westin and you’ll be thoroughly inspired and entertained by our three THE MOTH StorySlam winners, Sara Rabidoux, Bethany Van Delft, and Amanda Goodwin. This great event is hosted by WGBH’s Edgar Herwick.
Comedy Marketing Club
Love comedy? Love Marketing? What happens when you put them together? To answer this, you’ll just have to attend the Comedy Marketing Club from 8 to 10 pm on Wednesday at the Westin’s Laugh Boston. Get ready for some uproarious comedy featuring Sarah Cooper, Andrew Tarvin, David Nihill, and other extremely talented comedians.
Comedy Marketing Keynotes
Missed a keynote speaker because you were attending another panel or workshop? You’ll get to see our keynote speakers as they take the stage from 4 to 6 pm Thursday afternoon and enjoy their amusing. You’ll be laughing as they talk about the not so serious side of marketing and business. This will segue into the EVOLVE reception, which you certainly don’t want to miss.
A grand finale for Thursday night, you have to attend the EVOLVE reception which runs from 6 to 8 pm. Eat extravagant healthy foods, get books signed by the keynotes and speakers, and be thoroughly entertained by Don McMillan, Chief Comedy Officer at Technically Funny and our own special CMC Keynote at CMC2019. His presentation, “Life After Death by Powerpoint” will leave you in stitches. Don’t miss out; his show starts promptly at 7:30 pm.
The 2019 Content Marketing Conference offers a host of networking opportunities for everyone. These networking opportunities are a great way to spend your break time productively. Bring plenty of business cards and your elevator speech. Check out the following:
- Welcome Reception, Tuesday 6 to 8 pm, Westin’s The City Bar.
- Continental Breakfasts, Wednesday and Thursday, 7 to 8 am in the Exhibition Hall.
- Networking Break, Wednesday and Thursday, 9:50 to 10:00 am and 4:30 to 5 pm in the Exhibition Hall.
- Cocktail Hour, Wednesday 6-7 pm in the Exhibition Hall. Open bar.
An awesome part of CMC2019 are the workshops offered at this amazing conference. With 12 content marketing workshops, you’ll be getting real world training in content marketing and writing. Check out these workshops:
- Content Strategy MasterClass
- The Core Digital & Content Marketing Methods for the Customer Journey
- Writing Without Bullshit
- Facebook Marketing MasterClass
- Conversion Rate Optimization Masterclass
- LinkedIn MasterClass
- SOS: Write for Action
- Video Marketing Makeover
- The Art, Science, and Comedic Secrets to Cranking Out Great Content
- Workshop: How to Successfully Build Humor into Your Brand
- Workshop: Funny Website, Unforgettable Brand: How to Build Humor into Your Web Design & Copy
- Workshop: 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (And Funnier) Public Speaker
Our keynote speakers are the heart of CMC2019. Be sure to listen to them to get their insight (and humor) into content marketing. Our keynote speakers are:
- CMC Chair: Byron White — Founder of WriterAccess
- Keynote: Andrew Davis — Bestselling author
- Keynote: Debra Jasper –Founder and CEO, Mindset Digital
- Keynote: Sarah Cooper — Writer, comedian, and creator of satirical blog TheCooperReview.com
- Keynote: David Meerman Scott — Bestselling author “The New Rules of Marketing & PR”
- Keynote: Ron Tite — Founder and CEO, Church+State
- Keynote: Michaela Alexis — Personal branding expert
The 2019 Content Marketing Conference is going to be the best ever! Haven’t gotten your tickets yet? Register now!
Maggie B is a professional, multiple award-winning writer and editor of more than 30 books and more than a thousand articles. She earned her Master’s Degree in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in creative writing at the University of Denver. She has written articles on science, pets, sustainability, hunting, technology, outdoors and recreation, food, writing, publishing, careers, and other topics. She is the publisher for Sky Warrior Books and Garnet Mountain Press.