Content Marketing Conference 2017 is quickly approaching and we’re excited to teach you everything you need to know about powering up your content marketing prowess!
If this is your first time with us or you’re a regular on the marketing convention circuit, we’ve prepared this handy list to facilitate your superhero training so you can get the most out of this event.
Even the most seasoned legends among us can forget things when it gets hectic preparing presentations, travel arrangements, and taking care of all that last-minute work before leaving.
What to Pack for #CMC17
- Phone chargers and extra power banks. You should always keep an extra travel charger on hand for all the constant contact today’s world requires, in addition to power banks. You never know when your battery will start wearing down and you’re not near an outlet. And if that amazing influencer you’re dying to talk to just said their phone or tablet battery is dying, that’s a great way to spark a conversation: you can be the hero for providing battery power when it’s needed. (Just make sure the power bank’s been fully charged before you leave!)
- Extra business cards and promotional materials. There’s no better time to freely give out your business cards, stickers, pens, and any other promotional materials for your business. If someone needs a pen, that’s a perfect opportunity to provide one of your branded pens that they can keep.
- Comfortable shoes. There’s going to be a lot of walking around the conference center and to the networking events around the Seaport. While you may want to make an impression by dressing sharp, be careful not to sacrifice your comfort as you’re going to be on your feet quite a bit.
- A schedule and map so you know where to go and what you’d like to see while you’re at #CMC17. Form a “plan of attack” so you know exactly which sessions you’d like to attend and where they will be located so you can get a good seat ahead of time.
- Sweaters and other clothing to layer with. While Boston is fairly balmy in the springtime, it can get colder at night and you’ll want to be prepared for temperature shifts. You may be dressed appropriately for the weather outside but be too cold in the conference center. Bring that winter scarf or cardigan that can provide a bit of warmth, easily be folded, carried, and layered in the event of a deep freeze. (We can promise that you’ll leave #CMC17 a content marketing superhero, but we unfortunately can’t guarantee that you’ll get infrared heating power.)
- A water bottle so you can stay hydrated. You definitely don’t want to go to the conference without some water on hand. Extensive wandering around the convention center and networking in a frenzied state can lead to near dehydration!
- Some extra room in your suitcase to take home goodies. Even if you like traveling light, you’ll want to leave some room in your suitcase. Between free items you’ll receive from exhibitors and any books or other items you’ll want to purchase, why not fit some sightseeing and shopping in if you’ve never been to Boston or don’t get to visit often? (Or let’s face it: by the time you’re ready to go home, you’re not going to be as meticulous about packing your suitcase as you were when you left and it will suddenly seem like there’s less room inside.)
We can’t wait to see you in Boston! With six different tracks, there’s so much ground to cover in the latest evolutions of content marketing that we have no choice but to fly and flash our signals.
What is one item you typically almost forget when traveling for work?