Is your sales force suffering from the doldrums? Have you tried content marketing, but your bottom line is still as limp as a tear-soaked pillowcase? Here’s a thought – maybe you should try injecting a little humor into your content marketing.
Content Marketing is No Laughing Matter – or is it?
Content marketing can seriously improve your organization’s bottom line and make your sales force downright giddy again. We’re not kidding! Content marketing creates three times as many leads as yawn-provoking outbound marketing and costs 62 percent less. Using blogs, videos, white papers, social media posts and other content marketing also has six times greater conversion rates than does traditional marketing. That’s nothing to snicker about.
And don’t look now, but your competitors are probably already ramping up their content marketing efforts. If you aren’t turning up the juice on your marketing, your competitors may leave you in their dust. But, to seem like serious competition and a professional in your field, does your organization’s content marketing have to be as boring as dry white toast on a hot summer day?
No, it doesn’t.
In fact, you may want to liven up your bottom line by tickling your customer’s funny bones.
Benefits of Using Comedy in Your Organization’s Content Marketing
Let’s get right to the punch line and talk about how comedy can boost your organization’s bottom line. Humor is great for content marketing because it is:
- Attention-grabbing – Humor is naturally colorful and original, which helps your content stand out from the crowd
- Fun – Your target demographic has had a long, hard day and all they really want to do is come home, put their feet up and laugh for a bit; be the reason your customers wear a goofy smile at night, and sales will soar through the roof
- Shareable – People love to spread laughter, especially on social media, so making your content funny increases the likelihood your fans will share it
- Relatable – A dash of humor makes the content more relatable, trustworthy and human; a dab of funny also gives the consumer permission to laugh about a problem and empowers him or her to take action to solve it
- Easy to remember – Actual researchers in white lab coats have performed serious research on the benefits of using humor in marketing; they found a link between humor and higher recall, which means tickling the funny bone of your target demographic makes your brand unforgettable
The benefits of incorporating comedy in your content marketing go much deeper though, especially when the comedy fits neatly within the goals of the overall content marketing strategy. In other words, the humor in the blogs, videos and posts need to put the consumer in the proper state of mind to consider and commit to the purchase.
Don’t Miss Comedy Marketing Day at CMC19
This year’s Content Marketing Conference brings together some of the brightest minds to discuss humor in marketing on Comedy Marketing Day. This one-day event, on April 19th, features tactical sessions, how-to workshops, TED Talk-style keynotes that explore the intersection of comedy, marketing and business growth. Participants learn how to use humor to drive engagement, loyalty and marketing performance. They also learn the actionable tactics and techniques for creating content that makes readers howl.
Don McMillan talks about how to rid the world of bad content, for example, and Sarah Cooper discusses how to build humor into your brand. Josh Bernoff describes ways to stand out from the crowd with front-loaded, powerful writing free of “weasel words.” Andrew Tarvin teaches participants how to get better results while having more fun. Norm Laviolette will regale attendees with details on how to infuse comedy into marketing campaigns, and Nadya Khoja will tempt the audience to use five proven, unconventional and risky strategies that really boost the old bottom line with only a minimal risk of getting sued. And that’s not all! Check out all of our Comedy Marketing Day keynote speakers–and stay tuned to this blog for ongoing coverage of what they’re bringing to the stage during #CMC19!
If your content marketing is more stagnant than a backwater pond, learn how to zest it up with a little comedy by attending Comedy Marketing Day at this year’s Content Marketing Conference. Register Now!
Lynn H has been a professional writer, providing exceptional content online and offline, for nearly 20 years. In that time, she has penned thousands of articles for doctors, universities, researchers, small businesses, nursing organizations, sole proprietors and more. She writes everything from blogs to white papers; her specialty is putting complex scientific concepts in simple terms. She specializes in medical writing, creating informative and engaging content for professionals in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, medical manufacturing, chiropractics, optometry, emergency care, plastic surgery and others.